Hi everyone,Here’s details on how to start with Twitter as it’s easier than expected and these steps may have you experience a quick transition to knowing what the ‘fuss’ is all about… (It’s worth the trouble too!) Simple steps:
1. Register at www.twitter.com
2. Download a Twitter application such as www.tweetdeck.com
3. Learn 4 important language tips: RT, @, D, #: http://www.brentozar.com/archive/2008/08/twitter-101/ and there’s a Twitter ‘cheat sheet’ that you can download here: http://www.box.net/shared/4nxhu5yf93
4. Set up searches specific to what you’re interested in; feel free to ‘tweet’ / comment / say what you’d like – you have very few people (followers) seeing what you are saying; and start following people you’re interested in. Let me know how you go and contact us for more info!
Sam Added 7th December: Should you be interested in seeing how many people click on the websites you mention on Twitter, sign up for a “bit.ly” (pronounced “bit lee”) account:
1. Sign up for an account at http://bit.ly.com
2. In settings on tweetdeck ensure you add your bit.ly account details And here’s an article about managing twitter and social media to avoid overload! http://www.bitrebels.com/geek/how-to-be-active-on-twitter-without-getting-burned-out/